Charity events are usually very popular in communities and a great way for non-profit organizations to spread the word about their cause while building momentum and increasing on their support base. These events come in different forms and shapes to include dinner galas, donation events, walks, runs or online campaigns.
When planning an event, you may way to:
- Keep the purpose of such event in mind
- Decide on a venue
- Have an idea on attendance rates
- Determine how much resources and staff you need for planning purposes
- Assume how much resources and staff you will need for the day of the event
- Put together a list of for-profit entities that would be willing to sponsor your event
- Plan your marketing strategy
- Develop collateral material and a website page to promote the event
- Order unique promotional items to use as giveaways and gifts to the attendees
- Set a fundraising goal
- What would the day look like? Put an agenda together. Do you need an MC? Do you need Audio/vision? How can you showcase your sponsors?
- Do you need a special permit?
- How about the registration process? What kind of fundraising tools can you integrate?
You may also want to consider:
- Frequent communication, updates and special announcements of developments to the event schedule or added entertainment
- Fundraising Tips
- News and articles about your organization
- Giveaways, gifts and promotional items – remember that those items will leave lasting impressions on your participants. Make sure to choose something unique yet of quality that comes with customized and personalized packaging.
- Detailed information about the day of the event
Also make sure that you have an action plan for “after-the-event” follow up. How are you going to thank participants? What kind of information do you have to share with them? Have you reached your set goal?