Golf might not be your perfect idea for a business meeting but your boss or business partner invites you to play at his exclusive country club. What would you do?
It is very common for golf to be a setting for conducting business. As you plan for your business golf outing, keep the following tips in mind:
- Dress appropriately – Most clubs have a dress code that requires a golf shirt with a collar. Wear a leather stylish belt. Consider bright and colorful cloths but also think about pairing one bright color with neutrals. And while shorts are acceptable, they must be designed for golf. Stay away from denim apparel. No running shoes or sandals are allowed. Invest in a proper pair of golf shoes.
- Be on time, be prepared and ready to play when it is your turn
- Familiarize yourself with the order pf play.
- Follow the laws of safety:
- Make sure no one gets hit by a ball
- Wait until players ahead of you are out of range
- Notify other players if your shot has potential of hitting them
- Learn more about green etiquette
- Play fairly and keep an accurate score.